Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 1

I DECLARE God's incredible blessings over my life. I will see an explosion of God's goodness, a sudden widespread increase. I will experience the surpassing greatness of God's favor. It will elevate me to a level higher than I ever dreamed of. Explosive blessings are coming my way. This is my declaration.

I don't think anyone will be reading this. I'm kinda hoping that is the case. I've missed writing, and something feels right about blogging publicly, even though I'm hoping people won't actually read these posts, because of the intimacy/intomesee. And I plan on getting very intimate and maybe sloppy.

I am reading Joel Osteen's I Delcare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life, and challenging myself to make it a 31 day project. Read, blog, connect. So far, I know I'll be reading and blogging, but I'm not sure what the thread will be. For anyone who doesn't know, Joel Osteen is a very popular pastor.

Pastor? Religion? Christianity? Some bad experiences I had as a kid, turned me off to religion, most specifically Christianity, at a very young age. In my late 20's I was struggling and felt like something was missing in my life. I was shocked when it came to me very clearly that I was missing spirituality. I started seeking, and it was all about being spiritual, not religious. But now, I've come full circle and I find comfort in some very traditional aspects of the Bible specifically. What hurt me in the past has healed me. It's still more spiritual rather than religious and about a personal relationship with God rather than with a church, but I sure do love some Bible passages.

So, I've been spinning a little lately, and I decided to read this book, make my declarations for 31 consecutive days and blog about it as a way of creating positive change in my life, making it better than I ever imagined. At the same time, my boyfriend and I are taking a 30 day vacation from each other. Well, he's taking a vacation from me. I love him dearly. I could see that he needed space to find his happiness again without having to worry about me and my happiness. I want him to take care of his happiness. He actually taught me a lot about taking care of mine.

Along with Joel's Day 1 declaration, I DECLARE that after spending 30 days apart from each other, our lives (mine and Noe's) will change exponentially for the better. I don't know what this will look like, but I want him to be happy, and I trust I will be, too.