Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 13

I DECLARE that God is bringing about new seasons of growth. I will not get stagnant and hold on to the old. I will be open to change knowing that God has something better in front of me. New doors of opportunity, new relationships, and new levels of favor are in my future. This is my declaration.

I am open to change.

For the past 10 or so years, I have been pursuing a career as an actor. It's been a struggle. I booked a few jobs here and there, but so far, I haven't gotten to a point where I am working regularly.

I got my first taste of acting when I was very young, and I fell in love. (Thinking back, I also remember experiencing the heartache of not getting a part as a teenager, but it was easier back then...?...) When I got older, I wanted to do it for a living, but my parents told me that I needed to find something else. After exploring several somethings that led to nothing, I had an opportunity to give the acting thing a go.

It has been an interesting ride. There were moments of ease; like getting an agent easily, booking back to back jobs and getting Taft-Hartley'd into the union. Then there was the heartache. In the beginning, when I would audition for roles in plays, I would cry when I didn't get them. I am a sensitive gal. (I am remembering now how I used to cry as a little girl, like 6 years old, when I would lose basketball games.)

My acting journey became one of learning to survive the industry. It was kind of my spiritual journey. It was very much my spiritual journey. Through my struggles in acting, I have experienced so much spiritual growth. I have also met a lot of wonderful people and made great friends through acting. For this I am so grateful.

Now I am at a place where, I don't know if acting is for me. I hit a patch a little while ago where whenever I attempted to do anything business related to my career (e.g. marketing), I would actually start feeling physically ill.

All I know to do now is to listen very carefully for God's guidance. I DECLARE that I hear God's guidance loud and clear. He has a very special plan for me and my abundance,happiness, creative fulfillment, love, and prosperity, and everything and everyone involved are supporting its fruition perfectly right now. And so it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment