Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 10

I DECLARE that God will accelerate His plan for my life as I put my trust in Him. I will accomplish my dreams faster than I thought possible. It will not take years to overcome an obstacle, to get out of debt, or to meet the right person. God is doing things faster than before. He will give me victory sooner than I think. He has blessings that will thrust me years ahead. This is my declaration.

When I tweeted this and blogged this declaration now, both times, rather than thrust, I typed trust. So, before I corrected, it read, "He has blessings that will trust me years ahead." I like that. I have been developing a brand new, trusting relationship with God.

It didn't start out that way. One day, while in elementary school, I was introduced to a scary, punishing God who sent people to hell. I was told to accept Him into my heart as my Lord and Savior right then and there, in the middle of the playground, during recess, or I'd go to hell. I did. I caved. And I ran home, immediately after school, crying to my mom, telling her that she had to do the same. She denied me, saying, "We are Buddha." I was devastated. I renounced my acceptance, because how could I be in heaven while my mommy was in hell? How could I choose this mean, scary, punishing God over my mommy? My first lesson in Christianity was to fear God. And this also made me angry at Him. There was no mention of love. And then there were more incidents, which supported the fear and anger.

So, I had a trust issue with God. But I see that God never gave up on me. He brought me back to seek him instantaneously. When I was led to seek again, I was sure it was the right thing to do. And my journey has made me happier and more peaceful. It has been a journey. So, my trust in God is growing.

I DECLARE that God is accelerating the growth of my trust in Him. And so it is. That feels good. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment