Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 12

I DECLARE I am special and extraordinary. I am not average! I have been custom-made. I am one of a  kind. Of all the things God created, what He is the most proud of is me. I am His masterpiece, his most prized possession. I will keep my head held high, knowing I am a child of the most high God, made in His very image. This is my declaration.

Guess what? I love this! When I read it, it truly put a smile on my face and a loving warmth spread through my body.

My boyfriend and I cut the "vacation" short. I had to check in with him to remind myself why I was doing what I was doing. I needed to know that it was for good. He said mission was accomplished in the ten days, and he didn't need 20 more apart. Thank God! I told him that he is responsible for making sure that he gets his "guy time" and for knowing when it is needed.

I share this, because while we were apart, I tore myself up a little bit about whether the "vacation" would end in him not wanting to be with me anymore, based on his measurement of my worth. One of my declarations is that I trust that I have peaceful, wonderful, loving relationships with men of God. So, I know that if I am experiencing something other than this, this person may not be for me. Or there could be growth that we are to experience in partnership. I have very strong faith in this. But when you miss someone, you miss someone. And as Rumi so beautifully puts it, "The wound is the place where the Light enters you."

This is such a lovely reminder of my worth. It only matters what God thinks, and God loves me just the way I am. (This is worth repeating.) I DECLARE I am special and extraordinary. I am not average! I have been custom-made. I am one of a kind. Of all the things God created, what He is the most proud of is me. I am His masterpiece, his most prized possession. I will keep my head held high, knowing I am a child of the most high God, made in his very image. This is my declaration! And it is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment